Oxley Park Community Centre
Terms and Conditions of Hire for Single and Regular Bookings
Valid for hall hire 1st April 2018 - 31st March 2019
In the context of this Hire Agreement
(a) OPCC shall mean Oxley Park Community Centre, Redgrave Drive, OxleyPark, Milton Keynes, MK4 4TA.
(b) The hirer shall mean the person who has signed this Hire Agreement.
(c) The Premises shall mean the areas of Oxley Park Community Centre which the hirer has agreed to hire
Bookings and Payment
- All hire charges and deposits must be paid in advance, PRIOR to hire. Hire times must include set up time and clearing away time. (Please ask to see our hire charges listed separately).
- All bookings for private evening functions, the hirer must be aged 25 or over. Proof of identification/age may be requested prior to acceptance.
- The current year’s hire charge rates will be charged, despite the date the booking was made.
- Provisional bookings will be held for 7 days only from date of enquiry. If a booking form and deposit are not received within 7 days, the provisional booking will be removed from the diary without further notice.
- Block bookers - hall hire charges will be invoiced on the first day of each month. Payment must be made within 14 days of the invoice date and can be paid by cash, cheque or BACs.
- Block bookers/Regular hirers – please note terms and conditions are reviewed annually at the end of March. The current year’s terms and conditions apply. Should you wish to continue hiring a regular space, a new set of forms must be completed and signed by 1st April each year.
- Single booking hall hire charges should be paid either at the time of booking or at least two weeks prior to the event.
- In addition to the hire charge a returnable CASH deposit of £150 must be made at the time of booking for family/private functions.
- In addition to the hire charge a returnable CASH deposit of £50 (£100 for full day hire, 11am – 6pm) must be made at the time of booking for children’s party bookings.
- REFUND OF ANY DEPOSIT IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE MANAGEMENT COMM DEPOSITS WILL BE KEPT IF UNREASONABLE ADDITIONAL CLEANING IS NEEDED, OR IF ANY PROPERTY OR EQUIPMENT IS DAMAGED. DEPOSITS WILL ALSO BE KEPT IN CASES OF LATE CANCELLATIONS OR IF HIRERS, ASSOCIATED ENTERTAINERS/CATERERS, OR GUESTS’ BEHAVIOUR IS CONSIDERED UNREASONABLE OR IF ANY OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE ARE NOT ADHERED TO.
- If a deposit refund has been agreed, hirers of the hall/s for private functions/parties should collect their deposit from the centre’s reception either on Monday or Tuesday mornings (8.30am – 1.30pm) or Wednesday or Thursday afternoons between 12.30pm – 5.30pm following their function/party. Any deposits not collected within 6 months of the event hire will be banked into the OPCC charity.
- A notice period of 28 days is required to cancel a single private hire booking. Anything less than 28 days’ notice will incur charges (50% - 100%) to cover administration and operational costs. A minimum charge of £25 applies for cancellations for all invoiced bookings where amendments need to be made.. PLEASE NOTE: All Block bookers who hire the facilities for 2 hours or more per week, MUST give a notice period of 12 weeks (3 months) prior to cancellation of sessions. In return, we the centre management committee reserve the right to give a notice period to regular hirers a minimum of 2 months (8 weeks), unless in emergency situations. ( See point No.13)
- Block/regular bookers should be consistent with their booking days/times and will be charged monthly for the period of hire stated on their booking form, irrespective of any days/periods missed. Unless days missed are as a result of OPCC action. Exceptions to this will be holiday dates given at least a month in advance. The centre relies on regular income to remain sustainable; therefore it is a requirement for all block/regular bookers to pay for their reserved slot.
- The Management Committee reserves the right to cancel sessions or/and close the premises at any time for emergency or periodic maintenance and also when the premises are required for public elections or similar events. We will always try to give hirers at least a month’s notice of any closure.
Use of the Premises
- The closing hours of the building are 11pm Monday-Saturday and 10pm on Sundays and Bank Holidays. All music and/or dancing MUST STOP at these times and must comply with the Indoor Entertainment’s Licence. Regular hirers should check whether their particular business requires a music licence and if so OPCC Management Committee must be given a copy. Single bookings do not require a music licence.
- Hirers must leave the premises clean and tidy and all equipment and furniture should be placed tidily as discussed with the key holder. Your set up and tidying time must be included in the booked hiring period with the allowance of an additional 15 minutes at the end of your hire period to mop the floors as necessary.
- The hirer is liable for the cost and deposits WILL be retained of any heavy additional cleaning required. Deposit penalties will also be incurred due to any breakages or damage to building and/or equipment during hire.
- All equipment hired can only be used within the facility and must not be removed.
- Any equipment brought into the building by the hirer must have passed relevant safety tests and be fit for purpose. Permission from the Management Committee MUST be sort from the OPCC Management Committee before a hirer can bring in any equipment. Any accidents resulting from equipment brought into the building are the responsibility of the hirer.
- Due to new legislation, please only use our recommended and approved Bouncy Castle suppliers (Please ask reception when booking venue for list). Bouncy castles are no longer permitted in the outside area unless securely weighted down. (New legal requirements suggest NO LESS than 40 bags of sand!) Oxley Park Community Centre MUST be notified of the Bouncy Castle if it forms part of the entertainment for parties during hire of the venue.
- The Key Holder will meet party/event hirers at the beginning of their agreed hire period. The hirer will be given a specific unique code for the door entry system and the building will remain unlocked until the end of the hire period. The hirer should ensure that someone is present within the building throughout this period.
- The Key Holder is asked by the OPCC Management Committee to wait for 15 mins only from the start time of your booking and 15 mins only after your finishing time. Any late arrivals or late finishes will be chargeable. This fee will be deducted from your deposit.
- ALL RUBBISH must be disposed of by the hirer. Please remove rubbish to the bin store located to rear of the building.
- Approval for the use of Oxley Park Community Centre premises by political parties shall be determined by the nature of the occasion. Public meetings such as rallies will not be permitted.
- The premises shall be used for community purposes only and shall not be used as the hirer’s postal address.
- No alterations or additions shall be made to the premises without the consent of the Management Committee and any such work shall be completed at the hirer’s cost and to the Management Committee’s approval.
- No advertising or publicity material will be displayed inside or outside the building without the prior approval of the Management Committee.
Health and Safety
- The Key Holder will show the hirer all fire exits. They will also explain to the hirer the fire procedures in place for the building. Please give the key holder your close attention when this is being explained to you. Fire safety notices are displayed in the building and written instructions are given to the hirer when a booking is made.
- The key Holder’s contact number is displayed on the cupboard door in the kitchen. Please take this with you if you have to evacuate the building. We suggest you key the contact number into your phone.
- Fire exits must not be obstructed in any manner at all. It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the fire procedures displayed in the building and verbally communicated to them are also communicated to their guests/clients.
- It is illegal to smoke inside the building; therefore if you or your guests smoke you/they must only do so outside and well away from the FRONT of the building. Cigarette ends must be safely disposed of in the unit provided.
- No fireworks, sparklers or similar (indoor or outdoor) are allowed.
- No hazardous liquid substances or items that may be seen as a fire or safety risk are allowed.
- OPCC Management Committee discourages hot drinks being present in areas where activities involving children are taking place. Risk assessments should be carried out. And hirers are solely responsible for any accidents.
- Hirers are responsible for their guests at all times whilst in the building. Block bookers are responsible for ensuring their policies are relevant for the activity taking place and appropriately shared with their service users.
- Block bookers working with families and children must have safeguarding procedures and policies in place and practice. They must also adhere to the safeguarding, health & safety policies & procedures of the centre to ensure safety of all other users and visitors to the centre.
- Risk assessments are the responsibility of the hirer and as such the hirer needs to be satisfied that the space hired is safe and fit for purpose.
- Children should not be allowed in the kitchen.
- No smoke machines or any other equipment that may affect the sensors are allowed. If the fire alarms are triggered, the fire brigade will always attend and hirers and all guests must evacuate the building. If a false alarm is caused by the hirers, or their guests breach of the centre’s terms and conditions any related cost will be charged to the hirer.
- No betting, gaming or lotteries shall take place on the premises, except that allowed by law and the hirer shall obtain any licence or certificate required, prior to booking the premises for such use.
- The hirer shall ensure compliance with all the relevant legislation, orders and regulations, in particular, that relating to music, singing and dancing and the sale and supply of alcohol. We do not hold an Alcohol Licence, so if you are selling alcohol you must bring your own licence. It must be displayed at all times during the event and a copy of the Licence must be given to the Booking Clerk and forwarded to OPCC Management Committee BEFORE the date of the booking. Failure to do so will result in the event being cancelled. An alcohol licence is not required if you are bringing alcohol onto the premises for your guests, as long as you are not selling the alcohol.
- If alcohol is present then the hirers are responsible for the action of their guests. The Management Committee does not endorse the consumption of alcohol if children are present, or if guests are driving.
- Hirers must not cause annoyance or nuisance to local residents or adjoining occupiers by the playing of unreasonably loud music, parking in front of driveways etc. Young people (18 and under) must be supervised by responsible adults at all times during the course of any booking. There should be a minimum ratio of 1 adult to 10 young people. For young children there should be a minimum ratio of 1 adult to 8 children for children 3 - 5 years old.
- Hirers who use any liquids substances, must check with the Management Committee first and provide the relevant COSHH sheets to the Management Committee. This includes, paints, glues, cleaning products, etc.
- With the exception of assistance dogs, no animals will be allowed on the premises, unless agreed by the Management Committee
- Block Bookers’ Public Liability Insurance Certificates must be shown and a copy held by the Centre.
- All entertainers/caterers, etc must hold their own public liability insurance and the hirer is responsible for ensuring that this is the case. Copies should be sort and given to OPCC Management Committee
- The Community Centre’s insurance does not cover the hirer’s property and equipment. Items left or stored at the Community Centre are done so at the hirer’s own risk and the Community Centre takes no responsibility for any loss or damage.
- If applicable Milton Keynes Council’s Community Groups Registration Certificate must be shown and a copy held by the Centre. Please be aware that Hirers that are working with children and young people, without parent’s present, must ensure they are REGISTERED under the Milton Keynes Council’s Community Group Registration Scheme.
- Please see separate listings for our hiring costs. Special occasions, such as New Year Bookings, Christmas Bank Holidays and Easter Day bookings will be considered but will incur additional charges.
- The Management Committee reserves the right to cancel the booking if the hirer breaks any of the terms and conditions.
We are proud of our community facility, so ask that you remain respectful at all times.
We welcome your comments and feedback, so that we constantly strive to improve our service to the community.